Monday, September 1, 2008

First day of kindergarten!!!





OH my goodness!! My lil' girl is in school.....does that mean among other things that I am getting older??......and so is she :(. It's amazingly crazy how fast the time goes! This is a huge milestone for me and for any Mommy and especially for the lil' wee one's.. (that aren't so wee anymore). I did not shed any tears, like I hear some mommies do (bless your hearts). Because my darling daughter is so independent she was not scared at all but in fact counting down the days, she especially wanted to ride the bus. Because, of this enthusiasm I too was excited for her!
So, I decided to start some traditions like School shopping as mommy and daughter day including lunch at her choice establishment in which she chose the refined and elegant Mcdonalds and she also, got her fingernails painted. So groovy!
On the BIG day she woke up bright and early to her favorite breakfast of french toast and got ready with joy to my reluctance she rode the bus.....and then like any crazy, loving mother would do, I followed it.....I even snuck up on her before school started. where she was playing on the playground like it was any other day. She looked up for a split second and said "oh Hi Mom!" and continued on playing.........I took my que and walked away and ok, maybe at that momnet I shed a little tear, but my heart was full of joy!

10 comments:

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

Serenity! I am glad you updated! How beautiful is your little girl! So grown up! I can't wait to have a little girl to take shopping and get manicure's! I bet she loves having a mommy that treats her like a little princess:)

And I think that Gage and Hudson would get a long great! Let's totally plan a playdate! It was so fun to run into you guys. I wish it could have been a better setting, but none the less, still great to see you! And I can get you tix to the show... I play the lead on sept. 9 , sept. 18 and Oct 4. So let me know if you can come any of those days! I need people to come cheer for me:)

ryanfam said...

Seren,
I think that we have been neighbors for well over a year now and didn't even know it! How are you? I love the all the fam. pics and of course you are as beautiful as ever!
I'm glad you updated and I hope Trinity is all healed up so soon.
Cut idea for a girls day out! I will do a girl/boy day out!
Come and visit on Shasta! The boys can play and we can sip lemonade like we don't have acare in the world!

The Grantham Family said...

I cannot believe it, an update! Trin is soooo beautiful and crazy that you have a "kindergarten baby, born in the gravy!!" Do kids still chant that!?? It was also so fun to see pictures of you and Amy and what a fun girls trip you girls had!! So jealous. Make your next girls outing up to Boise. Trust me. You don't want to miss it!

Stocks Family said...

Serenity your daughter is beautiful! She looks a lot like you and your son looks a lot like Chris! You guys are like the family you see on ads in magazines! I hope you're all doing great!

Megan Andersen said...

I haven't seen you in spin for awhile...but from the looks of it you have been busy! I came across your blog from Christina Palmers. Your kids are adorable, & you & Chris are a BEAUTIFUL couple!! Maybe I will beable to get my ass to spin this week--

Hillary Redd said...

just when I about gave up at looking at your blog, you go post crazy! I love it. Still can't believe she is in school.

kourtney said...

Seren, it's soooo good to find you. Thanks for finding me. It is so sad that our kids are growing up. My oldest just started school too! Let's be blogging friends and keep in touch. You look beautiful as always!

Kris &Tiersa LeSueur said...

Serenity -
How are you! Your family is SO cute! I came across your blog while blog searching. I have think about you and others everytime I come to St. George. Email me!! tiersa23@hotmail.com. My blog is ktlesueur.blogspot.com

Cassi and John said...

What a cute family. It is crazy how fast kids grow!

The Carter Family said...

Ohhh my gosh! I cannot believe she's already in school!!! It seems like just yesterday I was babysitting her and she was teething!! haha, this is the first time I've seen your little boy and he is ADORABLE!!!